Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Joy in the Journey

December 31, 2013

I think it's time for an update on my stitching.  There were quite a few finishes that I had intended to blog about, but life just has a way of taking you on unexpected journeys sometimes.

So I'll just post some photos to wrap up the year...



one of my favourite flowers - pansies :)


Riolis kit - loved the way it turned out...

finially finished the back



still need to assemble it though



close-up  


and another birthday scissor fob

the 3rd one 



yep, another giant one lol


I think she was sort of expecting it after  the other 2 received theirs ;)


oh 
JOY!
 - I found my OWN pair 



guess I'll have to stitch my own scissor fob now.

The next two were a gift for my husband's aunt and uncle:




A mIll Hill angel I stitched as a Christmas exchange.


I'm so glad it went to someone I know.
That means I'll see her again :)

This ornament I stitched 2 years ago.
I finally gave it to a lady I've known for some time at our guild.



I may or may not be stitching more of them - loved the way it turned out :)
... might have something to do with it being a Mill Hill kit, lol




and finally, but not least... I finished the gift from my son:





It's from the Gold Collection Petites series of postage stamp birds.

Guess what he gave me this year?
... well that's another story


Looking back on the year, there was indeed sorrow, but also joy.

There is always joy to be found joy 

somewhere in the journey...


Happy New Year

:)







No comments: