Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Oh where have you been?

Saturday, December 14, 2013

This may come as a shock, but I must confess... I have never been to a Lindt Outlet store.

That is until friday night... when perusing my emails, I noticed that they were open until midnight - with some mad sale going on. Well... guess where I dashed off to... with son in tow, (completely against his will I'm sure you're thinking)




Upon entering, it was sensory overload.





Chocolate everywhere.
I know, silly thing to say - what else would you expect in a chocolate store?

Oh my

bins

shelves

huge bags


full


calling my name....



I even had a sample of  a champagne Lindor
wow.
wow.
WOW
WOW

Actually my son had one first. 
He came up to me with a big grin and said 
"I just had a champagne Lindt."

no kidding... as I caught a whiff of it

I asked the staff if they knew they had just served a minor.
They handed me one too, and all was forgotten 
I was in a delirious daze of pure goodness.

Everything was 50% off.

Some chocolate may have followed me home
to a safe hiding spot.



Friday night was round one
of the 

Hot cocoa competition

I tried to find a good rating system.. with not much success.
I did find a most amusing quote on one site called


"We taste the chocolate so you don't have to!"

Seriously?


Ok, so I came up with my own rating scores.
Max score in each category is a 10

First up:



Aroma :10
Flavour :10
Cocoa Intensity: 10
Suitable Substitute for *** : 10

I was going to take a photo of the actual cup of this hot delicious splendor,
but it seems to have caused me to lapse
into a state of pure utter chocolaty bliss.

And then there were 3.





***  yes, it's what you think it stands for ;)

















No comments: