Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Feeeeed meeeeee

Wednesday May 22, 2013

So onward with the adventure...

One of the highlights of this journey of inexplicable fun, besides the people, was certainly the food.

Philadelphia has its share of fine dining establishments.


Not that I saw much further of this one, other than the entrance.
That's the biggest guitar I'd ever seen.

When in Philly... what do you need to experience?

Why - of course - the Philly Cheesecake!

oh - sorry - I mean the Philly Cheese steak!



Oh yeahhhh.. it was good!

The indoor market was interesting - and packed!


Lots of interesting booths and stores.

I found this one interesting... no reason in particular...


Might have been what was on tap...


Seems they sell the gourmet oils and vinegars in bottles.
Much more convenient way to take it home don't you think?

I realllllly realllly loved this indoor market....



oh yeah bayyybeeee
Artisan chocolates

Beautiful!
Much too nice to eat, so I didn't buy them.
Price had nothing to do with it....  at $32.95/lb
I don't think a pound would have sufficed.

They even had chcoclate covered strawberries...


HUGE ones.

Now if only I had known the Philly Cheesesteak had come in this form first...


And for the transplant patients...



Yup.
Anatomically correct hearts and kidneys.
You too can say "I love you with all my heart"
for that next special occasion.

What will they think of next... maybe I don't want to know.



I wonder about all the accidents kids would have on purpose if these were the standard?

Oh if life's boo boos were only that easy to fix :)

Our last stop in the city was to view the
Chinatown friendship Gate.


Absolutely stunning.

I didn't get to sample anything in that part of town.
We had to rush on to the next leg of the journey.

A journey beyond compare.

Where tempting delicacies to tantalize our taste buds awaited us ...


and maybe a cute pooch...



and things that make you say 

ga ga ga


but that's another story...



No comments: