Friday, February 15, 2013

One last spring

Friday February 15, 2013



Spring....you better come soon ... or else....ummmm.... I'll just have to stitch something springy?



I made this for an avid gardener. 
My step-mother-in-law.
Right now she's going through a tough journey. 
Before spring arrives, she will be a widow.

The question that's been going through my mind,
Was today the last time?

It was for a friend.
We made it possible that he could see his buddy.
One last time.



Here's my new palette...

Looks like spring is on the canvas....
and around the corner.

It'll be here sooner than you think.

Too soon for some.

Too late for Tom.










4 comments:

P.J. said...

Looks really nice! And I am ready for spring, too.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Will any of us see spring again? I suppose we don't know. But there's always hope, both temporal and eternal.

Your craftwork is very pretty. A sweet gift.

KZ said...

I never knew there was such a thing as a palette of colored stitching beads. I mean, I'm aware that the beads are probably shipped in packing pallets but...oh never mind.

Tami Von Zalez said...

That is adorable! Wish I were your gardening friend ~