Friday, March 8, 2013

Flocking to the chcoclate

Friday March 8, 2013

We went out to dinner tonight at the Mandarin. It was to celebrate my mom's birthday.

This particular Mandarin has three main eating rooms - each with a theme - Over the years, I have eaten once in each room.

There's a tropical room with plants and a big water wall. Then there's the fishy room - with a HUGE tank that spans the length and height of the room. I was there once when the diver goes in to clean the tank. Yes you read that correctly - a human actually goes inside the tank to clean it. It's THAT big.

The third room is probably my favourite. No it does not boast the largest collection of edible chocolate furnishing... nor are there bear shaped chairs. It's a birdy room.

There are giant parrots hanging from the ceiling...


Could you imagine eating under this though... 
I'd feel like it was about to swoop in and swipe my food.
Didn't see seeds on the menu.



This one was beside our table.
I imagined what it might be like to have a pet bird this size.
Then I thought of Kiwi's oh-oh's.
Yep, that's what we call them... and so does Kiwi... 
cute,
except when the oh-oh lands on your shoulder.

So at the other end was this giant glass aviary...


Yes those are REAL birdies!
They were sooooo cute :)

(Nope, the people were in the next room, not in the cage.)

Took some close-up shots of the cuties...




Gorgeous colours... hopefully Kiwi will forgive me for looking at other birds ;)

There were even food carvings at the dessert table...


These are carrots!

Still couldn't convince my son to eat them though.


Cute lemon bunnies and a fishy...

and  chocolaty delights...


no, this was NOT the piece on my plate... neither was the slice missing...

Honest.
This and the crab legs were well worth the price of admission.


oh yeahhh...



Speaking of chocolate... this afternoon some came dangerously close to my stitching.
I successfullllly diverted this near catastrophe.

Think I better go stitch up a storm ... I seem to be in chocolate bliss...

Wonder how many calories stitching burns....

Will I count correctly in this chocolaty stupor?

that's another story...








No comments: