Thursday, March 14, 2013

Almost Free is good :)

Wednesday March 14, 2013

It's not fun being sick. Especially when you're 11 years old and it's March break. Thankfully there are DS games and Lego to keep him happy. I suggested a mid afternoon nap today. Perhaps I should have clarified that it was really me that needed the nap.

Seems the man-cold has struck around here too.  There, there... maybe I should stitch you something to make it all better. And sweetie, you really shouldn't have any chocolate  It causes phlem, so let me take care of that for you. I'll keep it safe.

Poor soul. He really is suffering. Not fun when you've already got enough pain, without being sick. I can't believe it's been 3 years since the car accident. (For those who don't know, my husband had spinal surgery.)
Yesterday I made a stew in the crock pot and a veggie soup.Yes from scratch. I can so cook. In the kitchen too. They were both yummy and hubby felt a bit better after eating the soup. Well at least his heart did.

With an overabundance of doctor's appointments this week, I was ever thankful that tonight was stitch night at Gitta's. I was a bit delusional the night before thinking I could actually finish one of the Sweetheart Tree kits that wandered home with me, just the day before. So it's only half stitched. Since it's an Easter theme, I better have it done soon - I just realized tonight how close that is!

Best thing of the day - other than getting to wack a tennis ball... I won $10! Well, not actually won... I had to pick up a prescription, and an item I also bought, scanned at the wrong price. So because this store follows the Scanning Code of Practice, I received $10 off ... so the item that was $11.99, cost me $1.99....
whoohoooo!!!

If you don't know or aren't familiar with the Scanning Code of  Practice, you really should look it up - you'll also see a large sticker at the door or cash in a lot of stores.

I celebrated my win with some floss... maybe for Easter ..

Tomorrow I'll have to cash in the free Timmie's beverage I won....but that's another story :)





No comments: