Monday, March 4, 2013

Love Life Live Simply

Sunday March 3, 2013

Ok, so it's really officially Monday when I post this... but I have not gone to bed yet, so according to me it's still Sunday. Besides, had to stay up to post another finish!!!



I just love how this turned out. 
Made a few changes - stitched it on fabric instead of the paper that comes with the kit. 
Mill Hill kits stitch up so beautifully on fabric.
I also used some silks for the trees, shrubs and ground. 
The green that came with the kit was just so bright I thought it might be radioactive or something...
I also left out the giant grasshopper they plunked on top of the 'm'.
Thought that looked a bit too bizarre and creepy.


Here's a close-up so you can see the beads...



Love the saying.

I really need to de-clutter. 
Simplify.
I think Mother Nature may have facilitated that when she sent us our new indoor pool.
Having to move stuff in the basement makes you ponder....
and realize you really don't need to join a health club to get fit.
Heck, I'm feeling muscles I forgot I had.

Speaking of exercising muscles... 
I played trivial pursuit with my son tonight.

I feel so smart.

Never mind that we played the kids edition.
I pondered why we still have the original version.
Maybe we're keeping it just in case I ever want to feel stupid again.

My dear sweet husband and son brought me a Godiva chocolate bar today.
I need to go back to Chapters to stock up, since they're only a $1.
I pondered why he only bought one though....

I think he's buttering me up for that other item that followed them home.
It's still in the bag....

I just can't wait.... better get the ear plugs ready...
and more chocolate...

but that's another story....




1 comment:

Lulu said...

What a beautiful finish! Your changes have made the piece one of a kind :)