Monday, March 11, 2013

Wait for it...

Sunday March 10, 2013

I have been called many things in my life... crazy... bear addict.... chocoholic (no idea where this rumour started)... ... but today it was a new one.

It all started with a mess. More specifically a very messy room. A room that happened to belong to a 11 year old that may be related to me in some way ... although there are days where I am just left scratching my head. Where or where does he get his stubborn streak from.... oh... yeah... any-who...

After he finally cleaned up his room, or so he thought, I went in to have a look. Uh-huh. I was indeed born yesterday he thought.

I pulled out the pile he had pushed against the closet, in such a manner that the closet door couldn't even be closed. Then there was the pile under his desk, and another stack against the window. Never mind the bed. We won't go there.... So now picture this pile of stuff in the middle of his room. I tell him to put it away where it belongs so we can vacume. Seems like a reasonable request. I leave.

Yep. It gets better.

Apparently I am an "interfering woman" ... or so he told my husband.

His argument was that he really didn't need anything in his closet anyways.

Great I say. So I'll put a lock on it, and you won't have any tops or pants to wear... yayyyyyy.. less laundry for me!

He was not amused with this and acted annoyed. I told him that I can act more annoying than he could ever imagine - and I may be interfering in other ways if he didn't stop.

He did clean it up. May have been a bit of grumbling but I didn't want to interfere with the process.

And I did receive an apology. And a hug.

Now who could interfere with that?


1 comment:

Kate North said...

LOL. You could suggest that you'll happily pick his stuff up for him, but anything you pick up, you get to keep (or choose to throw away)...