Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Déjà vu

Went and saw a wonderful production today - Mummenschanz.

It was a birthday present for James from his grandparents... and I got to tag along. Now does this name ring a bell? Perhaps you grew up with the Muppet Show...  I may have, but won't admit to dating myself that way... ok, I LOVE puppets :)

Here's a link to a Youtube video of the Muppets where Mummenschanz was the guest.


Muppet Show S1 E24 P3 - Mummenschanz  
(starting at 3:20)

Now does it ring a bell? Yup - when I was in the theatre today, some of the acts seemed so familiar. It was a moment of  Déjà vu.... so when I googled it after I got home, I realized I had seen this group before. Some of the acts were the same, some were new. All of it was a magical experience and James loved the show. I think he really liked the blob.

There was humour aplenty throughout, and they even interacted several time with the audience.




I hope this didn't give my son any ideas about toilet paper


(Photos courtesy of http://www.mummenschanz.com )

Funny how deeply ingrained some of the TV shows are that we saw when we were kids ...   a fear of round mirrors because of never being seen by that stupid Romper Room mirror? Or how about just once being able to crawl into that Friendly Giant's chair? Here's the story, of a man named Brady....and who didn't dream of living in wild west with that Little Joe....oh my.... where are my cowboy boots...and not that MY thumb ever twitches and I want to say ayyyyyyy when I see a black leather jacket....jeez maybe next time at the hairdresser I should really go for that long blond Charlie hair style. I might need some extensions though.... still can't get my nose to twitch even after all that therapy....and where's my shoe phone gone now?.. maybe I'm still on a Fantasy Island 3 hour tour..... Do you ever have the urge to yell De plane de plane when driving by an airport?.. no, me neither...

What an imaginative show it was tonight.... and they've been putting on shows for 40 years! My favourite scene was the Plasticine faces - the one in the link above. Wouldn't that be neat to be able to change our appearances like that...

 Déjà vu... when it comes to crafting?  Oh, not that someone would admit to time warping through the craft show aisles, and in a frenzy of crowded booths of delicious beads, fabric, stitchery kits and leaflets find the one that someone cannot live without... oh but what a cute bear!....only to find out much later...oh, perhaps even a year later, that someone bought it for the 3rd time....uh... not that I would ever do such a thing, especially not with a cute bear kit...

If by chance you were thinking of giving me this kit for my birthday... I do like bears... but... I think I got this one covered... 

Hey! Maybe there's an idea for anther giveaway....not that I have any weaknesses when it comes to bears or anything like that.... no, and not with any mini birdhouse needlebox kit...and certainly never with a Mill Hill kit.... sigh....  beads....drooool..... Gitta, are they in yet?

Speaking of Mill Hills....  I need to go now and  finish a special one.

Chocolate Déjà vu...   now that's another story....




4 comments:

Lynne said...

I was a regular viewer of the muppets but have never seen that episode! The Mummenschanz are very clever indeed!

mybearsnme said...

just updated the blog...sorry :)

EvalinaMaria said...

Oh, I miss Ontario. I lived in Waterloo/Kitchener and was a frequent visitor in Toronto. But I never went to Gitta's. I was stitching a little at that time. Now I'm buying from them on-line. Well, next time I'm in Toronto... I have a long list.

mybearsnme said...

I'm sure the Yukon must be gorgeous - hope to travel there some day. Yes, Gitta's takes orders , but if you ever need me to do any research there for you, let me know!! - When you visit make sure you come when there's a stitch night!